Portugal’s Golden Resident Permit Program allows unlimited travelling in all EU-Schengen countries, if applicants meet (or exceed) a minimum stay of only seven days (for the first year) and 14 days during the subsequent two years periods. Legal Alliance of-counsel in Portugal can assist effectively, also in searching and suggesting the adequate investment.
Investors find interesting, attractive opportunities in Portugal such as:
- Residence visa waiver for entering Portugal.
- Live and work in Portugal.
- Visa-free travel within the Schengen member states.
- Permanent residency after five years as a temporary resident.
- Citizenship after one year as a permanent resident.
- Inclusion of family members, such as spouse or partner, dependent children and dependent parents.
In July 2015, through Act 63/2015 and Regulatory Decree 15-A/2015, the required investment options were revised and new ones added. Investors can now choose from the following:
- Applicants may acquire property valued at €500,000 or more, or
- Applicants may acquire property valued at €350,000 or more for properties more than 30 years old or located in urban regeneration areas designated for refurbishing, or
- Acquisition of property fitting any of the above requirements with 20% reduction on the minimum amount of investment, if purchased on a low density population area (€400,000.00 or €280,000.00).